Thursday, February 20, 2014

Children vs Adults- Psychological approach on philosophical law


As you may already know, everyone ages and matures differently. Age is nothing but a number in my opinion. I know people who are in there late 20’s and people who are in their early 20’s and the younger ones are more mature and hold a better mental capacity than the older ones.

On the other hand, children are more mediocre to people who are older then them. Therefore, children shouldn’t be compared to adults since they obviously don’t hold as much intelligence and mental capacity like other crowd does. When it comes down to the neurological stages, children’s age ranges conclude their standing. Most children are incapable of figuring out what’s good or bad or what’s right and wrong. Being a child once myself, I can tell you I myself was like that too. That’s why most of the mistakes you make in your lifetime are made when you were younger because you just didn’t know any better. Looking back at it, I realize that when I was younger I always thought I knew everything and knew right from wrong. But as I got older I started to see that I was just so child-like and naïve to the fact that, ‘no I didn’t know right from wrong,’ and unfortunately, I was always ignorant and oblivious.


The only reason I’m discussing my naïve childhood is to prove a point. That children shouldn’t be help accountable for things that they aren’t in total control over. For example, way back in the day there were many cases where children were being faced with charges, even death penalty! It boggles my mind how harsh our world was back in the day and it doesn’t make any sense to me that these children were getting punished so cruelly. Children don’t have the same mental capacity as adults and that’s why they are called “children” in the first place. In a psychological point of view, children being held responsible for issues they basically have no control over is absurd. Sadly, it took many cases and years later for them to realize that the brain of children/ minors aren’t fully developed like adults. It took about 70 years for them to finally conclude that children aren’t psychologically all there and they finally eliminated the death penalties for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment